Superbowl is approaching and the interwebs has been filled with all sorts of creative party foods.
I am a huge sucker for chicken wings. Since I can’t handle too much spicy flavor, garlic parmesan is my go-to wing flavor.
I had a bunch of drumsticks left over in my freezer, so I used those instead of wings. By baking it on a rack, you get a much crispier skin as the oil will drip off as it is released from the skin.
The drumsticks came out so crispy yet juicy that we didn’t even make a dipping sauce. The garlic flavor was just right, although I may use fresh garlic next time.
This can be either served as a snack or a meal (SO and I ended up having 3 drumsticks each for dinner).
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 drumsticks
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, rosemary, cumin and salt. Lay the drumsticks on a cooling rack over a baking sheet and season the chicken wings with this mixture.
- Bake the drumsticks for 30-45 minutes, or until the juices run clear. While the chicken is baking, mix together the oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
- Toss the chicken in the garlic parmesan sauce. Serve immediately.